Envisioning a roadmap with decarbonisation activities to reduce the carbon footprint and our impact on climate change.
Reducing adverse impacts from our operations on the environment.
Providing employees with safe working conditions, comprehensive learning and development opportunities, and competitive compensation packages.
Ensuring stable economic growth and creating long-term value for the Group.
LOCAL COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
Contributing to the achievement of economic prosperity and providing social support inour regions of operation.
- Implementation of the Target Remuneration System continued
- Staff Attraction and Recruitment Standard documents were developed
- Personal Candidate Website Account was launched
- TOP-1000 programme extended to the whole Group
- Personnel assessment system updated
Diversity and equal
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Successful implementation and audit of the "Risk Management" project
- Follow-on development of the Hunt for Risk mobile application
- Commencement of HSE processes transformation
Health and Safety
PROTECTING OUR NATURAL ENVIRONMENT
- HSE Policy was expanded in line with the environmental challenges
- Corporate rules on Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) were updated
- The biodiversity roadmap was developed
- The water treatment facilities were upgraded at Alardinskaya mine
- Several significant initiatives within the Clean Air federal programme were enacted
- A dust suppression programme in coal storages at Raspadskaya washing plant was piloted
PLAYING OUR ROLE IN SOCIETY
- Further development of EVRAZ for Kids, EVRAZ for Cities and EVRAZ for Sports programmes
- Providing support for the City Clinical Hospital construction
- Creating a Healthy Lifestyle project for children with special health care needs
Indirect economic impacts
RESPONSIBLE SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
- Revision of the Policy on the Basic Principles of Procure
- Introduction of the internal marketplace
- Launch of the TOP-100 programme
- Launch of the ESG certification of suppliers
- Launch of the environmental screening of new suppliers across the Russian Federation
OUTLOOK FOR 2022
Achieving goals always starts with long-term and sound planning
EVRAZ has ambitious plans for the 2022 and a medium-term perspective with the following important areas of work:
- Development of calculation methodology for CO2 emissions.
- Development of training materials and organisation of educational trainings in decarbonisation and energy management.
- Development of a detailed decarbonisation roadmap.
Health and safety
The core spheres for improvement and realisation of the plans for EVRAZ in 2022 will be the following areas:
- Operational model of security management
- Risk management
- Improving the safety of loading and unloading operations
- The Lockout Tagout (LOTO)
Protecting our natural environment
EVRAZ will continue implementing measures to improve and preserve the environment and reduce any adverse consequences of its operations in 2022. The following measures are planned in several areas:
- Biodiversity protection
- Rehabilitating disturbed land and landscaping
- Water conservation
- Waste stewardship
- Air quality
Playing our role in society
In 2022, the Group intends to strengthen partnerships with local communities in various ways. It will be upgrading urban infrastructure, financing sports events, educational, and cultural projects, and assisting socially vulnerable people, including children with disabilities and orphans.
In 2022 EVRAZ aims to enhance the contribution of sustainable practices by undertaking the following measures:
- Proactive assessment and accreditation of suppliers for compliance with key ESG requirements which involve environmental screening and ESG certification of EVRAZ suppliers.
- Continuing upgrade of functionality of the Group’s online platforms.